Organizations who do public interest work, are hit hard by the big changes in open source intelligence tools, especially LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Open source intelligence (OSINT) lost some of their best tools, see the interviews I gave to NBC, Buzzfeed, ABC News and VICE. This workshop shows you what is still possible with some creative thinking and adapting tools that now fail on you.
1. What is still possible? What not? We'll look at the deleted tools and how to get some of the functionalities back
2. What other workarounds are ther
3. How to strategically rephrase your research question into the rigid logic of "Facebook 2019"
How to use FB 2019 to find weapon dealer
How to find supporters of a radical party in a small town
Mixed topics: cellphone, email and hidden friends lookup in FB - overview
1. How to bypass LinkedIn restrictions without being illegal
2. How to find people who live in any given town (not allowed by default)
3. Other tricks to hyperfocus your search
1. What eye witnesses always say in tweets.
2. How to get an idea of who is behind a completely deleted Twitter profile
3. Sophisticated filtering: find only primary sources
How to use social media to find a fugitive in a murder case, amazing case
Finding out who is behind a Telegram account & entering groups
About the trainer:
Dutch born Henk van Ess is obsessed with finding news in data. European media houses like Axel Springer, Persgroep, European Broadcasting Union and Schibstedt love his literal and lateral thinking and hire Henk on a regular basis to spill his secrets.
In 2019 we offer 2-day workshops for the first time. On the one hand for participants who want to deal with the topics intensively and on the other hand for attendees of our workshops in the past three years who want to update and deepen their knowledge.
On day 2 Henk will cover advanced stuff, for participants from day 1 who want an indepth-training. Day 2 is also suitable for participants of earlier workshops with Henk (2015 und 2018).