We are looking for a Fundraising Manager (m/f/d) to join our team at CORRECTIV as soon as possible to support our fundraising activities with foundations and institutional funders (full-time or part-time) with a thematic focus on democracy promotion, preferably based in Berlin.
CORRECTIV is the first non-profit investigative newsroom in Germany. Our editorial team brings systematic grievances to light, leads on impactful investigations that create public awareness and pressure, and promotes media literacy with educational offers. We believe that the methods of investigative journalism should be made accessible to all citizens so that they can inform themselves and participate in democratic culture. With this goal in mind, we experiment with innovative formats and approaches to involve citizens in the journalism of tomorrow.
CORRECTIV consists of a team of around 80 people. We are based in Essen and Berlin and have smaller editorial offices in Bottrop and Greifswald. In our research, we work with local and international partners. Our journalistic work is financed without advertising revenue and restrictive paywalls or subscription models, but through a three-pillar model: donations and contributions from citizens, income from our own economic activities (e.g. book sales through our publishing house), as well as funding from foundations and institutions that support our projects. For the latter we are looking for your support.
- Support the further development and implementation of our fundraising strategy with a focus on strengthening democracy as well as democracy development in Eastern Europe and Russia.
- Research/mapping of suitable funding instruments, donors and opportunities
- Support with proposal-writing and reporting
- Support the further development of our impact model
- Maintaining contacts with potential funders as well as networking with other relevant partners in the field
- University education, e.g. in social sciences, cultural management, business administration, project management or similar qualification preferred
- At least two years of professional experience in the field of democracy promotion/strengthening, ideally with initial experience in fundraising with foundations or with other funders relevant to the field, relevant professional networks desired
- Profound interest in (further) developing projects with a focus on Eastern Europe / Russia, ideally relevant professional experience and/or language skills
- Interest in innovative journalism projects, media in exile, and the role of media in democratic societies
- Analytical thinking, reliability and a high degree of initiative and trustworthiness
- Must enjoy working closely in a small team
- Commitment to making the world a little bit better
- High level of communication skills and empathy for different target groups
- Very good knowledge of English and advanced German required
- Very high personal identification with the values and goals of CORRECTIV
We assume that there are excellent candidates for the job who do not meet all the criteria in the description. Maybe you have certain skills we haven’t thought of yet? Tell us why you are the right person for the job.
We look forward to getting to know you. Please send a short cover letter on your motivation for the position, a CV and your salary expectations to bewerbungen(at)correctiv.org. Don’t forget to indicate from where you would like to work and whether you would prefer a part-time or full-time employment.
Other benefits at CORRECTIV include:
- Dynamic team with short decision-making processes
- High level of independency while working
- Close knit, open and supportive team culture
- Flexible working environment, with the possibility to work remotely
- Fair wages, transparent in-house salary system
- 30 days of holiday (based on full-time employment)
- Opportunities to learn in areas that are important to you
- Regular development meetings