CORRECTIV is a multi award winning non-profit investigative newsroom in Germany. We focus on long-term investigations into topics that receive too little attention in other media.
Besides journalists, the newsroom includes a data and technology team that builds innovative tools to help journalists investigate.
To grow this team, we are opening a position of a senior full-stack web developer with a focus on Python.
CORRECTIV ist spendenfinanziert!
CORRECTIV ist das erste gemeinnützige Recherchezentrum im deutschsprachigen Raum. Unser Ziel ist eine aufgeklärte Gesellschaft. Denn nur gut informierte Bürgerinnen und Bürger können auf demokratischem Weg Probleme lösen und Verbesserungen herbeiführen. Diese Recherche wurde mit der Unterstützung von Bürgerinnen und Bürgern realisiert. Jetzt unterstützen!
What you will do:
- As a part of the nerds team, you work closely with designers, product managers and developers to build innovative tools
- You are in charge of several Django-based web applications, which include our publishing system, data-driven news apps, and a membership and donation system.
- You make independent technical and architectural decisions, support the newsroom with technical expertise and help us grow our technology team.
- Several years of experience with designing, developing and maintaining complex web applications, ideally in a lead or senior position
- Experience with the integration of external APIs (e.g. mailchimp, paypal)
- Fluent in English and Python. German is a big plus
What you might have that would be great:
- Experience with Django and Django CMS
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with managing small development teams
- A strong portfolio with personal projects or open source contributions
What we offer:
- Full-time position with competitive salary
- The opportunity to shape the future of journalism in Germany
- A highly motivated team with a nice and cosy office in the heart of Berlin
- The opportunity to lead the brand new CORRECTIV football team from an outsider position into the first series of the Berlin Media League
If this opportunity sounds attractive to you, please send us your application with CV and a link to your portfolio or work examples to:
Please don’t include photos of yourself or information regarding your marital or family status.